Today we had our traditional dinner before CNY with ma familia. Because of everyone’s schedules, we tend to pick a weekend closest to CNY to have this big feast. Normally, I tend to do more for the meal after CNY (open year dinner). However, with timing issue, I decided to spend time on this meal instead.
To be sure there’s enough to feed my big clan, I made 8 dishes. My mom brought the chicken, roast pork and soup, My sister brought the braised beef brisket. We had a total of 12 dishes set on the table and plenty of leftovers this night. What is shown here is only 80% of what was actually served. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of all the food on the table.
We had (from left to right top to bottom):
1) Chinese carrot braised beef brisket with bok choy, as side.
2) Chicken (store bought)
3) Stir fry vegetable dish: snow peas, black fungus, lotus roots with king trumpet mushrooms
4) Pan-Fried Tofu Skin Rolls Stuffed with Shrimps (鮮蝦腐皮卷)
5) Roast pork
6) Steamed Garlic Shrimp with Vermicelli (蒜蓉粉絲蒸蝦)
7) Salmon (I bought the head and tail separately. I pan fry them first, then plate it). The filet were from Costco. I use soy sauce, cooking wine, ginger, garlic as the sauce to bake it the salmon filet).
8) Pan-Fried Stuff Tofu (香煎釀豆腐)
What’s not included this picture:
9) Stir-Fried Clams with Black Bean Sauce (豉椒炒蜆)
10) Brined and Roasted pork belly (红燒鹵水五花肉)
11) Chinese cabbage with dried scallops and mixture of roasted and white beech mushrooms (清蒸娃娃菜乾瑤柱)
12) Fish Maw Crab Soup (鱼肚蟹肉清湯)
Last but not least, I’ve made this almond jello and the red bean soup (which I didn’t take a picture). My sister also brought homemade cheesecake. You can all imagine everyone left with a full stomach! That’s how I like to roll for Chinese New Year.